Artichoke Cheese Bread
Artisan bread is always a big hit — it's even more appealing when you top it with artichoke hearts and melted cheese!
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Simple Truth Organic™ Ready to Bake Rustic Italian Style Artisan Bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (6 oz.) artichoke hearts (oil packed), drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scoop out center of baguette (cut side) with your fingers and tear into small pieces. Set bread shells aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add bread pieces and garlic; cook for 5 minutes until bread is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine browned bread, sour cream, Monterey Jack, artichoke hearts and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper; stir together. Spoon mixture into reserved bread shells; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until browned on top. Cool before cutting into serving pieces. Garnish with parsley, if on hand.