Artichoke, Lemon, and Basil Pasta
Serve with garlic toast and antipasto salad for a romantic Italian dinner.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked penne
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. minced basil
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Cook the artichokes in the water and lemon juice according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1⁄4 cup of the liquid. Let the artichokes cool, then cut into quarters. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and stir in the artichokes. Simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the reserved artichoke liquid, parsley, and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the artichoke sauce over the pasta in a large bowl. Toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with pepper.