Artichokes Stuffed with Couscous
Garlic mayonnaise is good for dipping the leaves and seasoning the artichoke bottoms after the couscous is eaten.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro leaves
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 2 very large cooked globe artichokes, choke removed
- Combine water, lemon juice, and butter in a saucepan and heat to boiling, then stir in the couscous. Remove from the heat and cover; set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the couscous, pine nuts, cilantro leaves, and salt, stirring well.
- Part the artichoke leaves to expose spaces between the leaves. Spoon the couscous mixture into the center of the artichokes and among the leaves.