Artichokes with Lemon Dipping Sauce
This is one of the best dipping sauces you’ll ever find. When you are cooking the artichokes, you’ll know they are done when an outside leaf pulls off easily.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 globe artichokes, trimmed
- 4 quarts water
- 1 tsp. ground coriander seeds
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Splenda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Trim any discolored leaves off the artichokes. Cut off the base of the stem. Cut off the very top of each artichoke. Boil in water with coriander for 18–20 minutes.
- Whirl the lemon juice and egg in your blender. Slowly pour in the melted butter, olive oil, Splenda, salt, and paprika. Serve the artichokes hot or at room temperature with the sauce on the side.