Arugula, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
The sweet red grapefruit and simple vinaigrette partner well with the rich flavor of avocado.
- 2 red grapefruits
- 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups arugula
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Halve the grapefruits. With a sharp knife, slice between the membranes. Remove the segments from 1 1/2 of the grapefruits. Juice the remaining half and set aside.
- Whisk together grapefruit juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Place grapefruit segments in dressing. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Lay out arugula on serving plates, top with avocado chunks and ladle on grapefruit dressing.