Arugula and Orange Salad with Pomegranate
Pomegranates pack a high dose of health-promoting antioxidants. They are in peak season October through January and may not be easy to find at other times of the year. Cranberries can be substituted in this recipe if pomegranates are not available.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 pomegranate
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Cut the tops and bottoms off of the oranges and then cut the remaining peel away. Slice each orange into 10–12 small pieces. Remove seeds from the pomegranate.
- Place arugula, orange pieces, pomegranate seeds, and fennel slices in a large bowl.
- Coat the salad with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.