Arugula Salad with Figs and Shaved Cheese
Don’t get too hung up on finding fresh figs—dried ones will also work well, or you can use any seasonal fruit.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- 2⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
- 12 fresh (ripe) figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shaved Graviera or Gruyère cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk honey, mustard, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil until well incorporated.
- Add the arugula and figs. Toss the salad to combine the ingredients and to coat them in the dressing.
- Sprinkle the salad with walnuts and cheese, and serve.