Arugula Salad with Melon
This beautiful salad can dress up an ordinary dinner, or shine at a formal affair. Arugula can be a little bitter, but the juices from the melon add a nice touch of sweetness that mellows out the flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 oz. arugula
- 1 cup cantaloupe balls
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, oil, thyme, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and whisk until emulsified.
- Add arugula, cantaloupe, and pecans to the bowl. Toss gently before serving.