Asian Cocktail Meatballs
These little meatballs are the perfect party food. Serve them with toothpicks.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine ground beef, onion, water chestnuts, eggs, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, breadcrumbs, pepper, and garlic. Mix well and form into 3⁄4-inch balls.
- Sauté the balls in oil in a pan over high heat until browned, then drain and arrange them on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Combine the ketchup, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger, and sugar in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Skewer each meatball with a toothpick and serve hot with the ketchup sauce.