Asian Flatiron Salad
This delicious flatiron steak is tenderized with a zesty Asian marinade and served on a bed of exquisite greens with fresh fixings.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Coconut Oil, plus more for brushing
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 serrano chili seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Natural Flatiron Steak
- 4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spring Mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a blender, purée oil with lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic, chili, ginger and sugar. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Place steak and half of dressing in a zip-top bag. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer.
- Heat grill to medium or heat a grill pan until hot, but not smoking. Grill steak 5 minutes per side until outside is charred and medium-rare within. Transfer to a work surface and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss greens with cherry tomatoes, cucumber and onions. Toss salad with remaining dressing and divide among plates. Slice steak ⅓" thick across the grain and serve with salad.