Asian Inspired Honey-Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
It can be a challenge to eat at Chinese restaurants when you are abiding by the Paleolithic lifestyle. But this Asian-inspired chicken is a great substitute for take-out! Serve with a salad and egg drop soup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut butter
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- Score the drumsticks by slicing into the skin but not through to the meat. Place the chicken drumsticks in a greased 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a glass measuring cup whisk together the melted coconut butter, lemon juice, honey, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger.
- Pour the honey sauce over the drumsticks. Cook on low for 8 hours.