Asian-Inspired Low-Sodium Marinade
This low-sodium marinade has subtle nuances of garlic and ginger, 5-spice powder, and the sweet tang of rice wine vinegar. Use it to marinate your choice of meat, tofu, or other protein for 2 hours before cooking.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1½ Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. unflavored rice wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp. canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp. 5-spice powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients. Use for marinating immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 week.