Asian-Inspired Tofu Skewers
Tofu is a great option for vegetarian lunchboxes…it’s delicious warm or cold and requires little cooking. Make this recipe gluten-free by choosing Simple Truth™ Gluten Free Pasta and your favorite gluten-free dressing.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Extra Firm Tofu
- Kroger® Non Stick Coconut Cooking Spray
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Asian Style Sesame Vinaigrette, divided
- 8 toothpicks
- 1⁄2 package (16 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 1 package (10 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Edamame, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400°F. Drain tofu. Cut into 16 cubes and thread 2 cubes onto each toothpick. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange tofu cubes on the tray. Brush tofu with ¼ cup of the sesame vinaigrette and bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil. Break the spaghetti noodles in half, add to the boiling water and cook until just tender. Drain, rinse and cool.
- In a Bento box compartment, divide the pasta into 4 containers and top each with two tofu skewers. Top with sliced green onions and divide the remaining vinaigrette into 4 small containers. This can be refrigerated overnight. Add fresh fruits and vegetables to the bento box.