Asian Lentil Salad
This salad is savory and colorful, and is filling enough to be a full lunch or dinner.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup brown or black lentils
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 large radishes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 2 Tbsp. chopped scallion greens
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- Bring lentils and stock to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes. When lentils are softened, drain off any remaining liquid. Reserve.
- Place lentils, radishes, cabbage, scallions, and bell pepper in a bowl. Whisk together the tamari, vinegar, and maple syrup. Dress the salad, and toss well to combine.