Asian Salmon Bowl with Spinach
Showcase flavors of the Far East in a trendy “bowl” meal with this creative, good-for-you recipe.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 cups Simple Truth™ Baby Spinach
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté garlic and pepper flakes until garlic is lightly golden, about 1 minute. Add maple syrup, lime juice and soy sauce and cook until bubbling, about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and water; stir into garlic glaze. Cook sauce until slightly thick, about 1 minute.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, arrange fillets. Spread glaze over each fillet. Roast until just cooked through, 12 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Sauté spinach until it starts to wilt. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Divide rice among individual bowls; top with rice, spinach and salmon. Drizzle with remaining sauce; sprinkle with sesame seeds.