Asian Sesame Chicken
Sesame adds a nutty flavor to the chicken, as does the spicing in the marinade.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. Madras curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat them dry. In a glass baking dish large enough to hold the chicken, mix yogurt, oil, garlic, lemon juice, zest, curry powder, salt, and curry powder together, then add the chicken. Turn to coat, cover, and marinate, refrigerated, for 2 hours.
- Spread the sesame seeds on waxed paper and turn the chicken in the seeds to coat.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken for 10 minutes per side or until the seeds are toasty brown and the chicken is no longer pink inside.