Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
Add zip to chicken breasts by incorporating flavorful Asian spices and seasonings.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (can substitute regular sesame oil)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast
- Cooking spray
- 6 wonton wrappers, sliced into strips
- 1 head Simple Truth Organic™ Romaine Heart Leaves, torn
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Sliced Raw Almonds
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Sesame Seed
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Asian Style Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- For spice paste: In a small bowl, combine ginger, garlic, spice powder, brown sugar, sesame oil and lime juice.
- In another small bowl, combine canola oil with spice paste. Spread it over chicken. Grill chicken 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once, until cooked through. Let cool and cut into small cubes.
- In a small skillet, lightly grease with cooking spray. Cook wonton strips for 5 minutes until lightly browned and crispy, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Divide lettuce among individual plates; top with chicken, almonds and sesame seeds. Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Garnish with wonton strips and serve.