Asian Sesame Chicken Skewers
You can make the marinade and trim the chicken a day ahead. Cook just before serving.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 24 wooden skewers (6 inches)
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 drops hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Place wooden skewers in a tall glass of water to soak for at least 15 minutes while preparing the chicken.
- Combine stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and hot sauce in a medium-size bowl; whisk until blended.
- Cut chicken into 1⁄2-inch strips the length of the breast. You should have about 18 to 24 strips. (The strips will vary somewhat in size.) Add chicken strips to the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Lightly oil a broiler rack and position it about 4 inches from the heat source. Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken strips from marinade and discard marinade. Thread one strip on a presoaked wooden skewer. Thread remaining chicken on remaining skewers. (Threading the strips in the form of an S will help them stay on the skewer.)
- Place skewers on the broiler rack and broil for about 3 minutes. Turn skewers over and broil for another 3 to 4 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven and serve hot.