Asian Sesame Dipping Sauce
Sesame sauce makes a great dipping sauce for spring rolls, or it can be added to a stir-fry dish at the end of cooking. If chili paste is already included in the recipe, do not add it to the sauce.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. Chinese red rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- Combine chicken broth, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, sugar, and garlic in a bowl.
- Whisk in cornstarch. Either use the sauce immediately or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until needed. (Use the sauce within 3 or 4 days.) Stir the sauce before adding to the stir-fry to bring up any cornstarch that has settled on the bottom.