Asian-Style Soup with Rice Noodles
This can be served in small bowls as a first course or in large bowls as lunch. The contrast between soft and crunchy, spicy and sweet, makes this interesting and delicious.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 quart gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1" piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 12 canned water chestnuts
- 1 cup bean sprouts, well rinsed
- ½ cup dry sherry
- ½ cup wheat-free soy sauce
- ½ lb. satin tofu
- 2 cups rice noodles, cooked
- 12 snow peas, sliced on the diagonal
- In a Dutch oven over high heat, bring the chicken broth to a boil and add all but the tofu, noodles, and snow peas. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tofu. Stir gently and add the cooked noodles. Garnish with the snow peas and serve.