Asparagus and Breadcrumb Pasta
Topped with a crunchy and cheesy topping, this asparagus pasta is both light and filling.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. medium pasta shells
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook for 7 to 9 minutes until al dente. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon butter. Set aside.
- Pour 1 1⁄2 inches of water into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and place a collapsible steamer basket into the pan. Place asparagus in steamer basket, and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, sauté the breadcrumbs with half of the cheese, remaining salt, parsley, dill, lemon pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook until browned, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top pasta with asparagus, breadcrumb topping, and remaining cheese. Serve immediately.