Asparagus and Cashew Nuts
This healthy and satisfying snack is a unique way to get a serving of veggies. This dish also makes a satisfying accompaniment to a fish, chicken, turkey, or beef entrée.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 12 minutesTotal: 12 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. minced gingerroot
- ½ lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a wok or large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger and stir-fry until soft, about 1 minute. Add asparagus and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add cashews and lemon juice. Cook until asparagus is tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.