Some matches are made in heaven, and asparagus with eggs and cheese is a divine combination.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped asparagus
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Cook the asparagus according to package directions and drain.
- Melt the butter in a heavy 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs; mix in the cheeses, lemon zest, and salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg-cheese mixture into the pan, evenly distribute the asparagus, and reduce heat to low, cooking very slowly for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place under preheated broiler for 10 seconds or until nicely browned.