Asparagus and Green Bean Fries
These crispy fried vegetables will wow as an appetizer or side dish on your holiday table. For an extra-indulgent treat, sprinkle with Parmesan immediately after removing from the oil.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- ½ lb. green beans, trimmed
- In a large frying pan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together flour, salt, and pepper. In a second shallow dish, whisk together milk and eggs.
- One at a time, dip the green beans and asparagus stalks into the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture. Repeat until well coated.
- Place the batter-coated vegetables into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain before serving.