Asparagus, Ham and Cheese Croissant Bake
Mini sandwiches stuffed with eggs, savory ham and creamy cheese will be the star of your brunch table!
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 mini croissants, split open but still attached
- 8 ounces smoked ham, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut in half
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Kroger® Half & Half
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes. Remove and place in an ice bath to stop cooking. Place on paper towels to remove excess water.
- Butter or spray a 9”x13” pan. Line up croissants in the pan, cut side up.
- Line croissants with ham slices, fill with asparagus pieces and top with cheeses. Whisk together eggs, half and half, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour mixture evenly over sandwiches. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until eggs are set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.