Asparagus Panna Cotta
Panna cotta is a classic dish that sounds fancy, but is quite simply a cream-based gelatin. This savory version capitalizes on the flavor of fresh asparagus and is accented by a Simple Truth® seasoning blend.
Serves: 6Prep: 2 hours 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, tough ends removed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 package Kroger® Unflavored Gelatin, about 2½ tsp.
- 1 cup Kroger® Whole Buttermilk, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Heavy Whipping Cream
- Simple Truth Organic™ Truffle Parmesan Seasoning Blend
- 6 cups baby arugula or spring salad mix, for serving
- 1⁄4 cup microgreens, for garnish, optional
- Bring 4 cups of water with salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the asparagus and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Drain asparagus and cool. Soften gelatin in ¼ cup chilled buttermilk.
- Cut 4" of the asparagus tips and reserve for serving. Chop the remaining ends of asparagus and add to a saucepan with the remaining buttermilk and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer. Add the softened gelatin and truffle seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes and blend the mixture using an immersion blender.
- Divide the blended asparagus mixture into 6 (4 oz.) ramekins and chill until set, about 2-3 hours.
- To unmold the panna cotta, run warm water over the back of the ramekin for 30 seconds, then run a knife around the edge of the dish and invert onto serving plates.
- Serve with salad greens and reserved asparagus tips. Top panna cotta with microgreens, if desired. Drizzle greens with your favorite salad dressing.