Asparagus and Pappardelle Pasta
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. thin asparagus (about 32 stalks)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, in pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 lb. fresh pappardelle, cooked
- 2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Break off by hand the tough ends of the asparagus and discard. Cutting on the diagonal, slice the stalks into 3 or 4 even pieces. Blanch the cut asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Remove asparagus from the water and plunge into cold water to chill, then drain.
- In a saucepan reduce the wine by half over medium heat. Whisk in the butter, a piece at a time. Add the cream and bring the mixture to a low simmer.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the asparagus. Add the hot cream sauce and stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, toss well, and divide among 4 pasta bowls. Serve with the Parmesan cheese.