Asparagus, Pepper and Mozzarella Frittata
This colorful dish is as gorgeous to look at as it is delicious to eat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the peppers, asparagus, mozzarella, and cayenne to the egg mixture.
- Grease the inside of a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with olive oil.
- Pour the egg and bell pepper mixture into the slow cooker and cook on low for 4–6 hours or on high for 2–3 hours. The frittata is done when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from slow cooker, cut into wedges, and serve hot or at room temperature.