Asparagus Ricotta Frittata
This frittata is filled with the flavors of spring. Lovely asparagus, bright parsley, and creamy ricotta come together to create the perfect brunch dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions to the pan, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes until softened.
- Whisk eggs and cream in a large bowl until frothy. Stir in asparagus, cheeses, parsley, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture into the skillet and cook until eggs have just begun to set around the edges, about 2 minutes.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the frittata is puffed up and golden brown.