Asparagus are loaded with beneficial insoluble fiber, which aids in digestion, sweeping unwanted potentially harmful items through the system before they can do damage. Look for thin, tender asparagus to use in the recipe as the asparagus is served almost raw.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 Tbsp. dry white wine or sherry
- 1 tsp. salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet; add the shallots and black pepper. Cook until translucent, about 3 minutes; add the wine, salt, and asparagus. Toss once to coat the asparagus and remove immediately. Serve hot or cold.