Asparagus Spears and Tomato Toss
Blanched asparagus spears add a beautiful bright green to this delicious toss, while the cherry tomatoes contribute a deep red. Itʼs a feast for your eyes and your taste buds.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar, no sulfites added
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large pot of boiling water over medium heat, blanch asparagus until bright green and still crisp, about 30–45 seconds. Remove from heat and shock with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain asparagus and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes to bowl and drizzle with vinegar and olive oil. Toss to coat evenly.