Asparagus and Swiss Cheese Quiche
This lovely quiche is made in a tart pan, but it can also be made in a 9" pie plate.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. ice water
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 lb. cooked asparagus spears
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the flour, butter, and ice water until mixture begins to form a ball. Form the dough into a 6-inch disc, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured work area using a rolling pin, roll chilled dough out into a 12-inch circle. Press into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim excess dough by pressing it against the lip of the tart pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt until frothy.
- Place tart pan on a baking sheet. Scatter cheese over the bottom of the tart shell. Arrange the asparagus spears over the cheese and cover with the egg mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until egg mixture is set. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.