Asparagus, Swiss, and Ricotta Frittata
Frittatas are impressive, yet ridiculously easy to make. Liquid egg replacement is stocked beside the eggs in most supermarkets.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 stalks fresh asparagus
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1¼ cups liquid egg replacement
- ¼ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Move rack to top of the oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Trim the asparagus and cut into thirds. Steam the asparagus over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Spray an ovenproof skillet with cooking oil. Place over medium heat, add shallot, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add liquid egg replacement to pan and remove from heat. Top with asparagus and Swiss. Dollop ricotta over top and season with freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Place skillet on top rack in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Slide a heatproof spatula around and under frittata to loosen. Remove and cut into wedges. Serve immediately.