Asparagus, Tomato, and Mozzarella Baked Omelet
This makes a wonderfully fresh breakfast or lunch for two, or for one if you are very hungry! The omelet pairs well with a creamy soup, a crisp salad, or a simple slice of toast.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mozzarella
- 1⁄2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly spray an oven-safe 6-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. Add asparagus, mozzarella, and tomatoes to eggs and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until eggs are set and puffed all over. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before slicing and serving.