Asparagus with Tarragon-Chive Butter
Make a double batch of this delicious butter to serve with potatoes or fresh bread.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh tarragon
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- Mix butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, tarragon, chives, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. When the herbs are completely blended into the butter, transfer the butter to a piece of plastic wrap. Roll into a log and refrigerate until firm.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Cook the asparagus for 4 minutes or until bright green and tender. Move the asparagus to a serving bowl. Top with slices of the herb butter and serve immediately.