Asperges Blanches en Sauce Laurence (Asparagus in Light Sauce)
White asparagus are the symbol of spring at a French greengrocer. They are very low in calories and great in flavor. Enjoy by dipping them in a vinaigrette dressing, or this very light sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lb. white asparagus, peeled, with bottoms trimmed
- ⅔ cup crème fraîche (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Fill a very large saucepan with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. When the water boils, add the asparagus. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce Laurence. In a medium bowl, combine the crème fraîche, salt, pepper, and the chives, and stir well. Add the red wine vinegar and stir again, until the sauce gets evenly mixed. Pour in small individual bowls.
- With a slotted spoon, remove asparagus from pan, dry them a little, and lay them all on a large rectangular plate.
- Serve the asparagus lukewarm.