Atlantic Cod with Basil Walnut Sauce
This sauce is a lovely complement to cod or other fish such as haddock, tilapia, pollock, or striped bass.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Atlantic cod fillets (12 oz. each)
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ packed cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup small walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place fish fillets in a 9" x 13" baking dish and sprinkle ⅛ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and lemon zest over both sides of fish. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Using a food processor, combine basil, walnuts, ⅛ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Process until it becomes a paste. With processor running, gradually add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Pat mixture evenly over fish.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 13–17 minutes or until flesh is opaque in color. Serve immediately, spooning the juices from the pan over the fish.