Authentic Mexican Guacamole
Enjoy this classic Mexican dish as a dip with tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos, tostadas, or toast.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small yellow onion
- ½ cup canned chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and pry out the pits. Remove the peels and cut the avocados into 1" pieces. Mash with a fork.
- Cut the tomato into ½" pieces. Remove the skin from the onion and cut into ¼" pieces. Drain off the liquid from the jalapeño peppers and cut the peppers into ¼" pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients; mix well.