Authentic Mexican Guacamole
Enjoy this classic Mexican dish as a dip with tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos, tostadas, or toast.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup canned chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and pry out the pits. Remove the peels and cut the avocados into 1-inch pieces. Mash with a fork.
- Cut the tomato into 1⁄2-inch pieces. Remove the skin from the onion and cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces. Drain off the liquid from the jalapeño peppers and cut the peppers into 1⁄4-inch pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients; mix well.