Autumn Pasta Salad
This colorful, creamy pasta salad makes a great side dish, or a lovely contribution to a fall potluck!
Serves: 6Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces multicolored pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups poppy seed dressing
- 1⁄2 cup Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the sweet potato cubes on a large baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove and allow to cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Add the cooled roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, cranberries, pine nuts and red onions to the bowl. Toss with the dressing and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Add more dressing if desired and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.