Avocado and Black Bean Salsa
Serve with tortilla chips or crackers for a zesty appetizer.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. Tabasco sauce
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 ripe, firm avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium red tomatoes, cut into into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole-kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, drained
- In a small bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, Tabasco sauce, vinegar, garlic, and pepper.
- Place the avocados in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Pour the vegetable oil mixture over the avocados and stir gently to coat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the onion, tomatoes, cilantro, corn, and beans. Add the avocado mixture to the large bowl and gently mix with the other ingredients.