Avocado Boats with Chicharrón
Get your grill ready! These flavorful avocado boats are lightly grilled and packed with cheesy pork cracklings.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 3 minutesTotal: 18 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 ripe avocados, cut in half and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 bag (7 oz.) pork cracklings
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried pinto beans
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup green onions, diced
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Over each avocado half, drizzle lemon juice and brush lightly with olive oil.
- On grill, place cut side down; cook 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In small bowl, place beans and dissolve with warm water.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together pork cracklings, sour cream, ancho chili powder, cheddar 5. cheese, salt, diced green onions and olive oil. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Stuff avocado halves with pork cracklings mixture; garnish with crumbled goat cheese.
- On serving platter, spread refried beans and place stuffed avocado on top.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.