Avocado Boats with Poached Eggs
Creamy avocado with a tender poached egg, topped with flavorful sweet peppers, makes a satisfying breakfast, brunch or lunch.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mini sweet peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 4 patties Simple Truth™ Meatless Breakfast Patties, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 cup microgreens
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, sliced
- In a large saucepan, heat 2”-3” of water to boiling. Break eggs one at a time into a small bowl. Slip egg into water, then reduce to a simmer. Cook 3-5 minutes, until whites are set. Use a slotted spoon to remove egg and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and saute peppers until just tender. Place each avocado half on a serving plate and place each egg in the avocado. Top with equal amounts of sauteed peppers and jalapeno.
- Add a patty to each plate and garnish with microgreens and chives.
- Serve immediately and refrigerate leftovers.