My husband loves this creamy pasta. The avocado gives it a rich creamy buttery flavor. Also delicious topped with sautéed shrimp.
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup basil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large avocados, peeled and pitted
- Prepare pasta as directed on package.
- In a food processor add garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Pulse until smooth. Add avocado and basil pulsing until creamy.
- Pour sauce over hot pasta and toss. Serve immediately, and top with lemon zest and black pepper. Serves 4.