Avocado Filled with Trout and Palm Hearts
In the rivers of the Mantaro Valley there is an abundance of trout, and you can find them fresh in the markets every day. Smoked trout makes a luxurious salad.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 avocados, halved, peeled, and seeded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup diced smoked trout
- 1 cup sliced hearts of palm
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle avocados with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the trout with the hearts of palm and the mayonnaise. Fill each avocado with about 1⁄2 cup of this mixture.
- Put 2 avocado halves on each plate over lettuce leaves. Garnish with parsley leaves. Serve immediately.