Avocado, Grapefruit, and Shrimp Salad
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 24 large raw shrimp
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine
- ¼ salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large red grapefruit
- 8 oz. baby arugula
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- In a pan set over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Add shrimp to hot pan. Cook, stirring frequently until shrimp are half-cooked. Add minced garlic and white wine to the pan; cook for an additional minute, then add salt and pepper.
- Cut grapefruit in half and set one half to the side. Add in juice of half grapefruit to the pan; cook for 2–3 minutes. Cut the peel off the remaining grapefruit half and slice fruit into bite-size pieces.
- Place lettuce and avocado slices on salad plates for serving. Transfer cooked shrimp to plates.
- Drizzle sauce from pan over top and garnish with grapefruit slices.