Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
You can use olive oil in this recipe in place of avocado oil. If you prefer a milder taste, opt for extra-light olive oil. If you like mayonnaise with a strong olive oil flavor, go for extra-virgin olive oil.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- Juice from ½ large lemon, room temperature
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup avocado oil
- Combine egg and lemon juice in a narrow container and let sit 30 minutes.
- Add dry mustard, salt, pepper, and avocado oil. Insert an immersion blender into mixture until it hits the bottom of the container.
- Turn on blender and blend 30 seconds. As the mixture starts to emulsify, pull the blender out of the mixture slightly to mix in the oil on the top.
- Transfer to a tightly sealed container and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.