Avocado Pasta with Vegetables and Shrimp
Bring all of your favorite fresh ingredients into one tasty dish with this light & creamy pasta!
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces Private Selection® Bronze Cut Italian Tofette Pasta
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved and peeled with pit removed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Private Selection® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 bottle (25.4 oz.) Simple Truth Organic® Lemon Italian Soda
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta. About 3 minutes before the pasta is due to finish cooking to al dente, according to package instructions, add the asparagus and cook for the additional 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta and asparagus; set aside.
- In a food processor, process the avocado, garlic, yogurt, parsley, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the spinach, peas and shrimp. Cook until the spinach is wilted, then add the cooked pasta and asparagus; remove from heat.
- Add the avocado sauce and toss gently to combine. Add a bit of reserved pasta water as needed if the pasta is too thick. Stir in the green onions.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve with the Italian soda.
- Refrigerate leftovers.