I have a serious thing for guacamole and I also have a serious thing for pot-stickers. So why not combine the two for the perfect bite-sized app?
- 2 avocados
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen yellow corn, defrosted
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 50 wonton wrappers
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Salsa and sour cream, for serving
- Add avocado to a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add red onion, corn, jalapeño, salt, lemon juice, tomato, cilantro and cumin. Mix until combined.
- Fill a small bowl with a little bit of water and set next to your wonton wrappers. Place one heaping teaspoon of avocado filling near the corner of the wonton wrapper, but not right to the edge.
- Dip your fingers in the water and wet the sides of the wrapper, then fold the corner of the wonton over to form a triangle. Seal the edges, making sure there are no air bubbles. Fold the corners over each other, using water to seal. Repeat for remaining filling.
- Working in 3-4 batches, heat a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan (about 1½ tablespoons should do it). Add the dumplings, browning on both sides until crispy and golden. Repeat with remaining pot-stickers.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.