Avocado Soup, Chilled with Lime Float
Most cold soups can also be served hot—avocado soup is an exception. Avocados can be delicious cooked, but this cold soup is too perfect to change.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. lime juice, divided
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced basil
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a blender, purée the avocados with chicken broth, buttermilk, 1 tablespoon lime juice, shallots, and salt. Refrigerate mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Pour chilled soup into 2 small bowls.
- Whisk the sour cream, lime zest, and remaining lime juice together. Float on top of the soup and top with sliced basil and olive oil.