Well-ripened avocados are the key to this easy-to-make dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup skim buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. Splenda
- 1 tsp. sugar-free chili sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 bunch chives, minced
- Purée onion, avocado, lime juice, buttermilk, yogurt, broth, Splenda, chili sauce, coriander, salt, and pepper in a blender. Chill at least 2 hours.
- Serve soup topped with cilantro and chives.